Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pinterest: What Is It, Anyway?

Reposted from: between naps on the porch blog

If you would like an invite, let me 
know and I will get you one.  :)
You can find me as hayleesnanny on pinterest.com   
I am totally lovin' this site!!



"I first read about Pinterest at Young House Love when Sherry shared her love for pinning and discovering new things to share. Her enthusiasm prompted me to check it out.

How to describe Pinterest. Well, you know how you drive to the store, buy an expensive design magazine for $7, come home, start reading it and (if you're lucky) you find a picture or two that's worth saving in an inspiration folder. All for $7. Gulp.

Well, imagine finding 25 or 50 or 100 pictures of the kitchen of your dreams. For FREE. And imagine having a place to save (Pin) them all so when you get ready to renovate that kitchen (or bathroom or laundry room) your inspiration pics are all gathered together in one place for easy reference. You'll also find links to a gazillion fabulous recipes, gardening ideas and craft projects, too. You can even add (Pin) pictures, recipes, etc from your blog or computer that you would love to share with the Pinterest Community! :)

Oh, and did I mention all your friends are already there, hanging out, sipping coffee, pinning and just waiting for you to come join in? :) You don't have to be a Blogger or have a Blog to join, either. It's open to anyone who loves to share and swap great ideas and inspiration.

What's Being Pinned?:
Here's a minuscule example of just some of the wonderful
ideas you'll find waiting at Pinterest:

You'll find links to crafts you can make like this adorable tea wreath
Wouldn't it make a great hostess gift or a nice welcome gift for a new neighbor?



You'll find inspiration for outdoor dining.



Discover neat little tricks, like this one: Just add a marble to your baking pan to create heart shaped muffins.




Summertime! Learn how to make Blueberry Mint Lemonade.



I've started a board where I'm collecting ideas for a future Butler's Pantry/Laundry Room. My laundry room needs a renovation big time and I'd love to make it a Butler's Pantry, too.



Love the flooring in this butler's pantry I found at Pinterest.


How to Join:
Pinterest has two ways for you to join in.

1. You can request an invite, which apparently from what I've read can take a while to receive. I guess they are having trouble keeping up with the number of requests they are getting for invites.

2. Or, you can be invited to join by a friend. I was invited by a friend (thanks, Joan!) and was up and pinning right away. :)


If you would like an invite to join in the fun at Pinterest, leave a comment on this post along with your e-mail address. Or, to keep your e-mail address private, you can send your e-mail address to me at betweennapsontheporchatgmail.com (replace at with an @). I'll drop over to the Pinterest site and send an invite your way. I'm not sure why Pinterest does it this way, but in any case, I'll invite as many folks as it will let me. :)



Be sure to check your Spam Filter because your invite might get stuck there. If you leave a comment or send me an e-mail and don't get your invite by the end of the day, e-mail me again and I'll resend it. Update: I think I've sent out 150 invites today! lol So far, it's still allowing me to invite! Gonna be a lot of happy pinning going on!


Once you join the Pinterest Club/Community, click HERE to Follow me and I'll stop by and Follow you right back! I can't wait to see what you love and find fascinating, delicious, intriguing, awesome, fantabulous and priceless at Pinterest!

Oh, and if you see any laundry room/butler's pantries combinations, please let me know! I'll pin those babies to my Butler's Pantry Inspiration Board for future reference. :)

Metamorphosis Monday:
To see the journey of my home office from 'little boy's room' to an up-and-running work space, just scroll on down for yesterday's Metamorphosis Monday. Lots of wonderful Before and Afters are linked up for your inspiration!





"

No comments:

Post a Comment